About the Daiwa Crossfire
The Daiwa Crossfire Front Drag Spinning Fishing Reel is a no-muss, no-fuss easy to use spinning reel that’s perfect for the casual sportsman and the angling enthusiast alike.
Features of the Daiwa Crossfire
One of the coolest features about the Daiwa Crossfire spinning reel is the Twist Buster system which prevents lines from twisting, which, as any angler knows, can be insanely annoying. Simply put, it just makes for a better fishing experience with less hassle, which means you can just sit back and fish without the stress.
The spool is made from ABS and aluminum to make for a spool that is lightweight yet durable.
The gyro spin balanced rotor ensures that the internals remained aligned no matter what conditions you’re fishing under. Furthermore, there ball bearings keep things running smoothly. Unlike other models that can have a load of ball bearings, cutting it down to three allows for a balance of smoothness with easy maintenance.
Micro-click front drag adjustment
It’s important to properly adjust drag and how you do so depends on the size of the fish you’re currently targeting as well as the feel of the line test. The micro-click front drag adjustment on the Daiwa Crossfire Front Drag Spinning Fishing Reel allows you to easily adjust the drag with the click of a button. This is great for when you live in a climate with rapidly changing conditions or maybe you just want to target a different type of fish that day. Either way, the micro-click front drag adjustment mechanism has you covered and simplifies the whole process, making it a great point in its favor for beginners who may be looking for their first or second reel, especially.
Great for saltwater fishing
Not every spinning reel can hold up to saltwater, but that’s not a problem with the Daiwa Crossfire. It handles saltwater superbly and as long as you rinse it with freshwater and wipe it down after each use, you should be able to use this reel for years to come.
What to like about the Daiwa Crossfire Front Drag Spinning Fishing Reel:
- Easy to use
- A great reel for beginners
- Simple but elegant design harkening back to nice vintage reels
- The three ball bearings run everything nice and smooth
- The micro-click front drag adjustment feature further simplifies drag adjustment
- Great for freshwater or saltwater
- Twist Buster technology prevents tangled lines
What to consider:
- Some users complain about the Daiwa Crossfire only having three ball bearings. While this is a con to some, it’s a pro to others. Reel technology has changed in the last few decades; whereas one bearing was enough before, you do need three now, because of the design changes. However, anything above three is really optional and if not well-designed is actually a detriment. Considering the Crossfire’s great functionality, I, personally, consider the three ball bearings a pro in this case, but it is worth mentioning for those who just won’t hear of anything less than six or even ten.
The Daiwa Crossfire Front Drag Spinning Fishing Reel is a great reel for beginners and as well as enthusiasts who just want a simple, down to earth reel they can use in seawater. The design is superficially basic, but the functionality is superior, which essentially means that Daiwa has a winner in the Crossfire, because you don’t need complicated technology as long as the reel works well, which the Crossfire definitely does. It’s quite simply a quality reel that will last you a while.