About the KastKing Sharky II
The KastKing Sharky II represents a new wave in spinning reel technology, delivering ultimate performance for fishing enthusiasts everywhere.
High drag rating
The Sharky II owes its 41.5 pounds of max drag rating to its deluxe three-plated carbon fiber drag washers, which are supported by a sturdy brass drive gear to deliver a top-notch max drag rating that will meet the needs of most fisherman.
The aluminum spool on the Sharky II is CNC machined, which provides greater strength and durability, while at the same time reducing overall weight. Meanwhile, the brass gears have been improved, as has the alloy drive gear, both of which lend to the Sharky II’s improved durability and performance over previous models.
10+1 MaxiDur stainless steel ball bearings
There is sometimes confusion about what “10+1” means in terms of ball bearings. Essentially, in this case, “10” refers to the number of ball bearings and the “+1” is a roller bearing collar. The larger number of ball bearings allow the reel as a whole to run a lot smoother, so what 10+1 means to you is a smoother fishing experience that only intelligently-designed reels like the Sharky II can provide. Also, very important: The ball bearings are corrosion-resistant. What’s so great about this is the one tricky thing that can happen with inferior ball bearings is that they rust and make everything the opposite of smooth. Thanks to the MaxiDur corrosion-resistant technology, rust and other buildup isn’t a problem, which keeps your reel working smoothly for years to come.
What to like about the Kast King Sharky II:
- Light weight compared to other models
- New design is more durable and dependable
- Well thought out mechanics
- Higher fishing line capacity compared to other models
- Anti-stop instant reverse for better control
- Four patents contribute to new 3-minute waterproof rating
- Improved line lay
- Better lubrication retention thanks to new internal grooves
- Brass gears are now 30% stronger
- KastKing’s customer service is top-notch
What to consider:
- Some users have noticed a grinding noise after using this reel. It could be a quality control issue; however, it’s important to note that you shouldn’t get this product wet. Yes, it is meant to be waterproof for three minutes—but that’s just in case you drop it. It’s not meant to be exposed to water purposely, as some people do. My advice is: If you have the weird noise problem without getting your reel wet, simply contact KastKing. By far, they have some of the best customer service in the industry and take their product seriously, so you can be sure that if there is a quality control issue, they will want to know about it and offer solutions for you, the customer.
Overall thoughts on the KastKing Sharky II
I’d recommend the KastKing Sharky II to any angler looking for a quality spinning reel.
The big points in the Sharky II’s favor are its improvements in design. The 10+1 corrosion-resistant stainless steel ball bearings keep the reel running smoother for a longer time. And the key here is the corrosion resistance.
Ten inferior ball bearings would end up being a pain to deal with later on, but that’s just not a problem with the Sharky II. Also, the weight reduction combined with improved durability is a top-notch improvement in overall quality.
You can tell that KastKing really put thought into the Sharky II and had dedicated anglers in mind when making their improvements on their reel. Essentially, the KastKing Sharky II is an easy to use, durable spinning reel that will suit the needs of most anglers.