Arbor is a type of knot used in the spinning reel. It is the best kind of knot used in the spool of your fishing reels and provides high efficiency in fishing than the other knots. This knot suits all the type of reels. Many spinning reels are pre-spooled but, to perform fishing efficiently you must know to re-spool the knot.
An important factor to be considered is to tie the knot as closely sung and secure to spool as possible. If the line isn’t sung enough, it will be difficult to start reeling back again. The arbor knot is quite east and simple to tie.
The arbor knot basically consists of two overhand knots. One overhand knot is over the main line and the other overhand knot is directly behind the first knot. The various steps to tie the arbor knot are given below.
How To Tie An Arbor Knot?
Follow the steps below to tie an arbor knot correctly.
- Wrap the line around the spool of the spinning reel.
- Start putting the first knot by place the tag end over or under the main line. Prefer to place the tag under so that it will be easy.
- Now there are two main lines coming from the spool, wrap these lines with the end of the tag.
- The next step of putting the main knot is to insert the tag end into and out of the loop.
- Now the first overhand knot is complete, now work on the knot to bring it close to the spool. This knot should easily slip to the spool by pulling on the line.
- Now you should begin tying the second overhand knot.
- This second overhand knot should be solely on its own line.
- Keep both the knots loose as you work them close to the spool. Moisten both the knots with the help of water.
- The final step is to sing the knot up to the reel and then tightens the knot. The excess line from the knot should be clipped to about 8-inch near the knot.
- Hence this forms the arbor knot.
One of the best examples of a spinning reel that uses arbor knot is Pflueger Arbor Spinning Reel. The special features of this spinning reel are, it has an 8 bearing system with corrosion resistant and stainless steel ball bearings. The body of this spinning reel is made up of aluminum with graphite body cover and uses an aluminum spool. It also has an aluminum handle with extreme durability and a lightweight graphite motor.
Sounds easy right? Use specialized spinning machines with arbor knot for fishing efficiently. This will make you have a pleasant fishing experience.